Guru Kulandaivel leads the organization with his vast experience in the construction industry. Guru has worked for some of the largest construction and energy companies in the US for over 15 years with worldwide project experience.
Guru did his Bachelors in Architecture from NIT Trichy and then did his MS in Construction Management degree from Michigan State University in 2004. After graduation, he joined Omaha-based Kiewit, which is one of the largest employee-owned construction companies in North America. After serving in Kiewit’s Engineering group for the first year he joined the Kiewit Energy, a newly formed division focused on projects in oil and gas sector. In this position, he was involved from project proposal to execution in the field giving him all-rounded project experience.
In 2008, Guru joined Bechtel OG&C in Houston. Bechtel is the largest EPC contractor in the world with global project execution capabilities. It is also the largest privately owned contracting company.
Some of the key experiences at Bechtel include:
- Estimating, Project Controls & Management
- Projects in LNG & Refining industry
- Lead Proposal Manager for GLNG project US$8 Billion (Largest Lump Sum EPC contract in Bechtel’s history)
- Proposal Manager for newly formed LNG Tanks business (JV with TKK of Japan)
- Contracts Management for various large subcontracts in LNG projects
- Lead Cost Manager for Chevron Pascagula Base Oil Project US$1.3 Billion
Subsequently, in 2014 joined BG Group and worked on Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for Lake Charles LNG project. Responsible for managing Engineering Contract with Technip and supporting regulatory clearances and stage gate reviews.